Bonnie the Bunny is one of the four main antagonists in Five Nights at Freddy's, and appears in games one and three. He is the guitarist in the Fazbear band.
Bonnie is a blue-ish lavender colored rabbit animatronic, with magenta colored eyes. He has articulated ears that are capable of bending forward and back and wears a red colored bow tie. Onstage, he carries an orange guitar. Unlike the other animatronics, Bonnie doesn't have eyebrows, but he does have a very obvious set of teeth protruding from his lower jaw. Most of his body is similar to Freddy's, apart from the color.
He has no teeth on his upper jaw, unlike the others.
Bonnie always starts the night on the Show Stage. Once the night begins he will move to any room on the left side of the restaurant, excluding Pirate Cove. Bonnie also, unlike Chica, seems to be able to teleport to any desired room, meaning that the room doesn't need to be nearby for him to appear within it. When he arrives at the Office, he will lean into the left doorway, similar to Springtrap. Bonnie also appears at the Office much more frequently, but doesn't stay for very long, unlike Chica.
There is also a sort of cheat for Bonnie. If the player doesn't look at the Show Stage, on certain nights Bonnie won't move from that location, making the night much easier to endure. But if this is attempted during later nights it can become problematic. Seeing as how the Show Stage is the default camera when opening the monitor, if this is attempted during night 3 and forward the player will become unable to check on Foxy.
When Bonnie enters The Office while the player is viewing the cameras, quiet, raspy, groan-like noises are audible. Once the player lowers the camera and returns to the Office, Bonnie will attack them and cause a Game Over. Bonnie can also force the monitor down, so keeping it up and waiting for 6am is not a guaranteed success.
- Bonnie is usually the first animatronic to move and approach the player's doors.
- Bonnie is often mistaken as a female, as Bonnie is a feminine name.
- In the trailer, Bonnie is shown running down the hallway. He was stripped of this ability in the final game, with Foxy taking on the role instead.
- In the trailer, Bonnie is shown to remove his face, revealing his endoskeleton. However, this never happens in-game.
- According to Scott Cawthon, Bonnie is the animatronic he finds to be the scariest, as he has had several nightmares about Bonnie while developing the game
- On very rare occasions, after the Game Over screen is displayed, or when starting up the game, a full-screen image of an eyeless Bonnie can sometimes appear. The image stays for approximately ten seconds until white pupils suddenly appear. After one more second passes, the game returns to the main menu.
- Unlike the other animatronics in the first game, Bonnie has no eyebrows.