Springtrap is the only animatronic that appears in FNAF 3.
Springtrap looks like a yellow version of Bonnie. The springs also make it look like Springtrap is always smiling.
Springtrap's movements throughout the game are completely random. He can go virtually anywhere, including the vents. When Springtrap gets to the fridge, he will peer around the doorway at the player until they look away, triggering his panty raid. The only way to prevent Springtrap from getting to the office is to set off audio distractions at various locations to lure him away. But the locations must be somewhat close to him, or he probably won't hear the audio. Also, because he's very keen with audio, if the office alarms go off when there's an error, Springtrap will draw closer to the office.
- As of version 1.031, Springtrap now makes footsteps and moaning noises when he moves.
- He is named after a device of the same name which is used for catching animals during hunting.
- Occasionally, when the game starts up, one of three images of Springtrap revealing the Purple Guy's mummified corpse inside of him will show on the screen.
- Springtrap has five fingers on each hand, rather than the four-fingered hands of the other animatronics.
- Being the only animatronic who actually kills the player directly, Springtrap has two jumpscares.
- Despite being in the horror attraction while it burned to the ground, it is possible Springtrap survived. When brightening the newspaper shown after completing Night 6, a face that resembles Springtrap's can be seen next to the Freddy figurine.
- Springtrap is commonly theorized to be the original Bonnie model.
- Springtrap's jumpscare from the left side of The Office is the only jumpscare in the game where the animatronic's mouth isn't open.
- Along with Golden Freddy, Springtrap is one of the few animatronics without a confirmed starting location.
- The way Springtrap peeks into The Office from the left side of the doorway is similar to Bonnie from the first game.
- Strangely, If one looks at Springtrap's legs on the Extra menu, one can assume that they are endoskeleton legs. It is unknown how his suit can fit both Purple Guy and an endoskeleton at the same time.
- Springtrap made a few appearances in the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 minigames.
- According to the minigames from the fourth game, Springtrap was originally brown and yellow.